Thursday, June 5, 2014

Remembering Party



We went to Denver last weekend for a memorial for Gampy, Chris's stepdad, John. It was a lovely celebration of life and a great weekend full of time with family.











Lisa organized a slideshow of pictures of John, which the viewers thoroughly enjoyed.



John's brother Charlie shared some memories of John and the ended with a modified version of this poem while a rainbow formed in the sky.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.











3 comments:

  1. This was so nice Ellen and Chris!! Thank you for sharing it! What a beautiful weekend we had! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris-sending love to you and all the family-so sorry to hear about John's passing. I'm glad you were all able to gather and celebrate him-looked like a wonderful group.

    ReplyDelete