Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ski Season Conditioning

Audrey woke up stoked for the upcoming winter and ensuing snow frolicking. She told me straight up
"Dad i'm going to train and get my body in peak condition cause I'm gonna ski my tuckus off." I said "right-on little squirt monkey."

A minute later I peaked into the living room expecting to see Audrey wailing on her pecks with some pushups or something.  But she had settled in for a nap on Gammy's lap.  I guess she didn't intend to start her training until feeling fulling rested.  Very practical approach. 


After catching some zzz's Audrey knew what she needed.  You can't train until you snarf down a grilled cheese and O'douls.  C'mon.


I think the lunch time brewski hit little Audrey hard.  She demanded another nap, but first a story.

 Later that afternoon we finally made it out for some action. We took in the view of the partially frozen Fish Creek Falls.  All Audrey wanted to talk about was her excitement for the snow and skiing.  I called her out on the fact that she has never even skiied or seen snow before.  But she gave me a look that said "what the h-e-double hockey sticks are you talking about" and proceeded to point out some gnarly lines up Fish Creek Canyon that she would be tackling this winter.


Audrey testing out her pink courdoroy snow suit & Daddy's skis
Nokhu Hut excursion from years past


2 comments:

  1. That picture of Audrey on skis had me laughing out loud! Only a matter of time little one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what things you will do, little one!!

    ReplyDelete